An easy recipe for Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare! Delicious, healthy and so much better than takeout!
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken has all the comforts of a takeout, but is cooked in a slow cooker using simple, healthy ingredients. Sticky, sweet and a little sassy, this easy Asian chicken dinner tastes absolutely delicious. It’s certainly one of the best slow cooker recipes for a busy weeknight.
He may be my inner student, but I can never refuse a free sample. My most recent mistake was a small teriyaki chicken toothpick that the Asian fast food restaurant in our mall food court distributed to unsuspecting buyers. While it was good at first, I was finally struck by an overly sweet and oily aftertaste, and the texture of the chicken was… questionable.
Do yourself and your taste buds a service; Forget the takeout and prepare this Teriyaki Crock Pot chicken recipe instead!
With General Tso, Teriyaki Chicken was my favorite in high school fast food. Whenever I went shopping with my mom, I begged her to stop at the Japan Express so I could order their giant bowl of teriyaki chicken with sticky rice.
Although it is absolutely a little higher than the food court of the mall, this chicken, although tasty, never left me feeling particularly stellar afterwards. I often went through a serious afternoon crisis, which I now recognize as a sugar crash. I’m happy to announce that today’s homemade slow cooker honey teriyaki chicken recipe has the same addictive takeout flavor that I remember, but is made with real, healthier ingredients that you can feel good about. every night of the week.
Homemade Sauce for Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
You don’t need bottled teriyaki sauce to make teriyaki chicken. This homemade teriyaki sauce recipe contains only six ingredients, most of which, I bet you have in your pantry right now: soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Simply mix the sauce ingredients, place the chicken in your slow cooker, then pour the teriyaki sauce on top. Bye bye bottle.
For maximum tenderness, I opted for slow cooker teriyaki chicken thighs. Although I generally prefer white meat, when chicken legs are bathed in this wonderful teriyaki sauce with homemade honey, dark meat is undetectable. White meat dries faster in the slow cooker, so if you’re ready to try the thighs, that’s what I would recommend for this Teriyaki Crock Pot chicken. (If you have an instant pot, check out my Teriyaki instant pot chicken recipe. Or take a look at this Teriyaki chicken baking sheet!)
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Chopped green onions for serving
- Prepared brown rice quinoa, or other whole grain, for serving
- Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Pour over the chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Strain the cooking liquid through a mesh sieve and into a medium saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to the strained cooking liquid, whisk to incorporate, then heat the saucepan over medium high, stirring constantly until the sauce bubbles. Continue cooking and stirring until glossy and thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the chicken to the sauce. Toss to coat. Serve warm with rice or quinoa, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions as desired.
Source of recipe from this link
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Share to your sosial media or save THIS PIN to your board on Pinterest!